Deutscher Jagdverband (German Hunting Association), the Boone and Crockett Club and the Wild Sheep Foundation have joined as co-signatories of the joint statement on captive bred lion shooting originally published by the CIC and Dallas Safari Club (DSC) in November, 2020.
Since its initial release, an additional eight organisations have joined the CIC and DSC in condemning captive bred lion shooting.
In doing so, they join in supporting our stance on the practice, which states that while people often refer to it as “canned lion hunting” or “captive bred lion hunting,” it is in fact not representative of responsible, sustainable, fair chase hunting.
The statement now has ten co-signatories, consisting of the following organisations:
- International Council for Game and Wildlife Conservation (CIC)
- Dallas Safari Club (DSC)
- Rowland Ward Ltd.
- International Professional Hunters’ Association (IPHA)
- African Operators’ and Professional Hunters’ Associations of Africa (OPHAA)
- African Professional Hunters Association (APHA).
- Russian Association of Hunters and Fishermen (Rosohotrybolovsoyuz)
- Deutscher Jagdverband (German Hunting Association)
- Boone and Crockett Club
- Wild Sheep Foundation
The CIC would like to thank Deutscher Jagdverband, the Boone and Crockett Club and the Wild Sheep Foundation for joining this cause, and for recognising the importance of the messages outlined in the joint statement.