On behalf of WG Artemis of the CIC
The Hungarian Diana Club of Lady Hunters
cordially invites you to the
VI. Women and Sustainable Hunting Conference
22-25th September 2021
Tata – Pannonhalma
The 6th Women and Sustainable Hunting Conference (WaSH VI) will be held in Tata, Hungary within the framework of the upcoming CIC General Assembly and Hungary’s One with Nature – World of Hunting and Nature exhibition.
The theme for the conference will be “New challenges,” which will look to address some of the prevailing issues in the world of hunting and sustainable use. The preliminary program and the keynote speakers below give a small taste of what will have in store.
Those attending the 67th General Assembly or the One with Nature exhibition will have the perfect opportunity to attend the WaSH VI conference prior to the start of both of these events.
On behalf of the conference organizing committee, we look forward to seeing you soon. We value our long-standing personal encounters, and we hope you will join us at the WaSH conference!
Beatrix Bán Chairman of the Organizing Committee of WaSH VI, Deputy President of WG Artemis
Soňa Chovanová Supeková Honorary Chairman of WaSH, President of WG Artemis
Preliminary program (changes possible)
22th September Welcome to Hungary
- On-site registration
- (19:00) Welcome dinner in Hotel Gottwald**** (H-2980 Tata, Fekete út 1.)
23th September WaSH VI International Conference
- (9:00) Opening ceremony
- President of the CIC, George Aman
- President of WG Artemis, Soňa Chovanová Supeková
- Keynote speakers
- (19:00) Gala dinner in Hotel Gottwald****
24th September Excursion to Archabbey of Pannonhalma
- Visit the Archabbey and the botanical garden with lunch and chocolate tasting
25th September Breakfast
Tula Stapert from the Netherlands
- Falconry knowledge as a conservation tool.
Miklos Lorant from Hungary, Kiskunsag National Park
- The role of nature conservation in wildlife management.
Adrienn Csokas PhD from Hungary, Magyar Agrár- és Élettudományi Egyetem (MATE)
- Urban wildlife management.
Soňa Chovanová Supeková from Slovakia, Club of Slovak lady Hunters
- Game meat consumption as a way towards the acceptance of hunting.
Other keynote speakers and online options are currently being developed.
- New challenges in wildlife management (ASF, COVID, etc.)
- The risk of communications for hunters through social media and networks – results of an international survey
- Trophy culture (measurement systems, effect on the gene pool of the hunted species, historical review, potential development)
Participation fee for the WaSH VI is 430 EUR.
This includes accommodation for 3 nights, all food and beverages are inclusive (including beer and wine) and the excursion with lunch and chocolate tasting.
Please, note, that the participation fee doesn’t include the airport transfer!
Other options for participation are currently under consideration.
Hotel Gottwald**** is located next to the M1 Highway and offers 4-star accommodation with a spa centre in Tata. The Hotel features a bar, shared lounge and garden. Providing a restaurant, the property also has a seasonal outdoor swimming pool, as well as an indoor pool and a fitness centre. The accommodation provides a 24-hour front desk, airport transfers, room service and free WiFi throughout the property.
H-2890 Tata, Fekete u. 1., Hungary
The Archabbey, which has a history of more than a thousand years, is part of the World heritage from 1996 – looking back to this history the spiritual richness and the traditional hospitality provide an enchanting atmosphere, which shapes the time spent here into a pleasant experience. The excursion includes a guided tour in the Archabbey and in the fantastic Herbal Garden with lunch and tasting of Benedictine herbal chocolate.
Archabbey of Pannonhalma
H-9090, Pannonhalma, Vár 1., Hungary